The route for van transport Belgrade - Ptuj between 48 locations is a total of 488 km. The journey without stopping and crowding is approximately longer than 4.5 hours.
Van transport of passengers to Ptuj from door to door on request and according to customer needs.
Van and car transport MAVAKO TRAVEL offers comfortable and fast transport of passengers from Serbia to Ptuj with newer generation vehicles.
Ptuj (Slovenian: Ptuj, German: Pettau, Latin: Poetovio) is one of the most important cities in Slovenia and the second most important settlement in the Podravska region. Ptuj is also the administrative center of the eponymous municipality of Ptuj.
Location of the city
Relief: Ptuj is located in the eastern part of Slovenia, in the southern part of the province of Slovenian Styria. The city is located 30 km southeast of Maribor, the first major city.
The position of the city is in the Drava valley, in the extreme western part of the Pannonian plain, at the place where this valley is the widest. The beginning, today the historical core of Ptuj is on the bank above the river, since when the surrounding plain was easily monitored. The altitude of Ptuj is 232 m.
Climate: The city has a temperate continental climate.
Waters: The main watercourse in the city is the river Drava. Immediately downstream from the town, an artificial Ptuj lake on the river was formed
Engraving of the town from 1681
View of the town from the castle on the hill above the town center
Dominican monastery in the town
The area of Ptuj was inhabited even in the Late Stone Age. The Celts inhabited Ptuj in the late Iron Age. In the 1st century BC. n. e. the settlement was under the control of ancient Rome. The first written mention of Ptuj, under the original name Poetovio, dates from 69 AD. e., when the Roman emperor Vespasian was elected. Already in the time of Rome, Ptuj developed into an extremely important trade, customs and administrative unit. In 103, during the reign of Emperor Trajan, Ptuj received the status of a civilian center and the name Colonia Ulpia Traiana Poetovia. The city had a population of 40,000 until it was attacked by the Huns.
570. year n. e., the city was occupied by the Avars and the ancient Slavs. Between 840 and 874, it belonged to the Balaton principality of the Slavs Pribin and Kocelj. Between 874 and 890, Ptuj gradually fell under the influence of the Archbishopric of Salzburg. As a German Petau, he was included in the Duchy of Styria in 1555.
In 1376, Ptuj received its city statute. In the 17th century, when the Turks occupied most of Hungary, Ptuj completely collapsed economically. In the 19th century, the place was cut off from important traffic routes.
According to the last Austrian census from 1910, 86% of the population of the city of Ptuj were Germans. The surroundings of Ptuj were mostly inhabited by Slovenes. During the German occupation, from 1941-45. year, the Slovenian population was forcibly evicted from Ptuj. Their houses were taken over mainly by the Germans from Bolzano. Later, after the German capitulation, all Germans were forcibly deported to Austria.
Ptuj is an important traffic hub. The railway from Pragersko to Ormož continues through the town and further to Croatia or Murska Sobota, and further to Hungary via Hodoš.
Ptuj is one of the largest former centers of Mithraism in Europe. Three shrines were discovered on the right and two on the left bank of the Drava River. The first dates from the middle of the 2nd century AD. e., and was discovered in 1898-1899. year, and represents the oldest Mithraic center of the Danube provinces. Mithras (mythology) is an Aryan (Persian) god of light, his mystical cult spread from Persia through Rome to this area. In 1901, another miter was discovered, whose monuments are in the crypt of the Dominican church in Ptuj. On Gornji Breg, along the Studenčnica stream, stands the third miter, built in the middle of the 3rd century AD. e.
In front of the city tower stands a marble tombstone, the Orpheus Monument, which belongs to the tomb along Prešeren Street. It was placed in memory of Marko Veleri Vera. In the Middle Ages, it served as a pillar of shame. Numerous Roman monuments have been built into the walls of the city tower (tower) since 1830, which became the first Slovenian open-air museum.
Roman Petoviono represents preserved stoves on Rimska Street and Roman platforms, built-in Roman stones on Prešernova and Cankareva streets. In the early Middle Ages, an old Slavic settlement probably stood on the southern slope.
Every year, the event Kurentovanje (Kurent is a carnival mask) takes place, a world-famous specialty, where carnival masks from different parts compete.
The original town of Ptuj (Poetovio) lay in the area of today's Terme Ptuj (Hotel Grand Primus).
The old town, the so-called medieval Ptuj, developed between the river Drava in the south and Grajski grič (hill) in the north. The triangular shape is bordered by: a fortress in the north, a Dominican monastery (monastery) in the west and a Minorite monastery (monastery) in the east. Ptuj Fortress stands on the conglomerate Castle Hill, which can be seen from afar, on arrival in Ptuj. In the 14th century, the city got a closed wall with defensive towers (towers), which were finished by Italian builders in the 16th century due to the danger from the Turks. Of the numerous towers, only the Drava Tower has been preserved. It houses the Mihelič Gallery.
Today it is the preserved old town of Ptuj with several streets and squares and with churches, palaces and old houses, protected as a monument of cultural significance.
|One way||Round trip|
Van transport Belgrade - Ptuj
|50 EUR||95 EUR|